First Time

Q:Can I drive a camper with a regular driver's license?

A:Yes, you can. Please present your driver’s license at the time of rental.

Q:Can anyone other than the lessee (contractor) drive the rental car?

A:Yes, you can. At the time of rental, you will be asked to present the driver’s licenses of all persons who will be driving.

Q:Can I use the service without a reservation?

A:Yes, they are available. However, we will lend you a vehicle that is available at the store on the day of the event. (We will need some time to prepare the vehicles on the day of the event.) There is a possibility that the vehicle you wish to use may not be available due to other customers’ reservations. In addition, we may not be able to prepare the vehicle due to vehicle inspections or maintenance. We recommend that you make your reservation as early as possible.

Q:Can I go on a tour before renting?

A:Tours are welcome!
Our tours are not “unattended,” so you can actually get in and see the inside of the camper as well as the driver’s seat.
However, we do not allow “test drives” before signing a rental contract. (It is a safety issue.)
We would like you to see what is difficult to understand from our website, what it feels like to actually lie down on the bed, the view from the driver’s seat, the size of the car, and so on, during the tour.
We ask that you please make an appointment to visit the facility as far in advance as possible, either by filling out the form or by calling us.

We are very happy to have you visit us at any time, but we are not sure if you will be able to see the car you are looking for.
Inquiry and reservation form. Please enter your desired vehicle in the comment field and request a tour.

Q:Can I smoke in my camper?

A:We apologize for the inconvenience. All of our rental cars are non-smoking. Please take frequent breaks and enjoy the scenery and smoking outside the vehicle.

Q:Is it safe to cook in the camper?

A:Our apologies. Fires are strictly prohibited inside the car. Please enjoy outdoor barbecues and a bit of rich glamping.

Q:Is it safe to go out with my pet?

A:Yes, you can.
We offer pet-friendly vehicles so that you can enjoy an enjoyable trip with your beloved family member.
*The following certificates are required when transporting pets.

  • Dog mixed vaccine (both rabies shots)
  • combined vaccine for cats and dogs

You will not be allowed to ride with us unless you can present either of these documents.
Please make sure you have your certificates in hand.

Q:I have a pet allergy.
A:We completely separate pet-friendly vehicles from non-pet-friendly vehicles, so people with allergies can use our vehicles with peace of mind.
Q:Are you concerned about the cleanliness of the interior of the car?

A:At iLinks, when the camper returns, we spend at least two hours carefully cleaning every nook and cranny. We are so confident in the cleanliness of our campers that we clean them until not a single hair is left on the floor. Please click here to see how we clean.

Q:What is the process of renting a camper?

A:For more information, please see [the rental application process].

Q:May I use it for purposes other than camping?

A:As a basic promise, as long as there is no damage to the camper itself, the use of the camper is up to the customer as long as it is clean.
In terms of usage,

  • Changing room and rest area for youth soccer and baseball expeditions
  • For your own move, instead of a transport truck.
  • Spring graduation trip
  • In lieu of lodging for summer festival participation.
  • Eat and walk at your own pace during the fall holiday season
  • Can also be used for skiing and snowboarding in winter sports

In recent years, we have also had cases of “pilgrims” using our facilities in place of lodging and foot transportation.

Q:I want to travel with my disabled family member, is it too small and difficult to use?

A:Although it depends on the person’s physical condition, in the past, people with physical disabilities and those fighting illnesses have traveled with their families in campervans and enjoyed scenery they would not normally have seen. We hope you will come to visit us and find a vehicle with a comfortable living space.

Q:How do I pay the rental fee? Do you accept credit cards?

A:You can choose from credit card payment, cash payment, or PayPay payment at the store.

Q:What are iLinks' hours of operation?

A:Business hours are from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Weekends and holidays are until 5:00 PM.

Q:What happens if I miss the return time due to traffic jams, etc.?

A:If you wish to extend your stay, a separate extension fee will be charged. But only if the next reservation is not made, so please be sure to contact us if you wish to extend your stay.

Q:Can I borrow or return items after business hours?

A:(See [Services/Fees] for more information on unattended return service.)
By popular demand, the “Unattended Return Service” is now also available for returns after 18:00 on weekdays.
If you are running late due to a sudden change of plans, traffic congestion, etc., you can continue to drive safely and without panic.
(Please be sure to contact us during our business hours if you wish to extend the service.)
As stated in the “Unattended Return Service,” our staff will inspect the vehicle the next day.
If there are additional charges, an invoice will be mailed to your home at a later date, and we ask that you transfer the money within 7 days of receiving the invoice.

Q:Does the unattended return service know the return time?

A:All vehicles are equipped with a drive recorder so that we can check the time when the customer turned off the engine. In the unlikely event that a vehicle is returned after 6:00 p.m., we will know the extended time, and we will settle the balance from the deposit and transfer the remaining funds to your account. We apologize for the inconvenience and trouble this may cause to our customers.

Q:Can you provide transportation?

A:We are sorry. We do not provide pick-up service.

Q:Can I leave my luggage with you in advance?

A:As long as the amount of items can be loaded into the camper, we can accept them as long as they are sent in at least one day prior to the rental date. However, please do not send any food items that require an expiration date or items that need to be kept warm or refrigerated. In any case, we will not compensate for damage or loss. Please be sure to consult with us before sending your items.

Q:If I rent a car because I am far away, can I leave my car with you?

A:Yes, you can come with your own car and change vehicles, making it easy to load and unload your luggage. During your stay, we will keep one car per rental car. If you are coming with more than one car, please contact us in advance. In any case, we will not compensate for damage or loss of the car.

Q:I would like to go around Hokkaido, Shikoku, etc. Is it possible to rent a car for a long period of time?

A:Discounts are available for long-term renters. Please take advantage of this offer.

After booking

Q:Can I enter the multi-story parking garage?

A:You cannot enter the multi-level parking lot. It is dangerous, so please do not enter.

Q:Can I charge my cell phone, cell phone, computer, etc.?

A:There are power outlets in the car, so you can recharge your batteries if you bring your own charger.

Q:What equipment is provided in the camper?

A:For more information, please see [Camping Cars We Handle].

Q:Does the camper have a navigation system?

A:Only the watercress voyage is not included.

Q:I am not good at car navigation?

A:We will provide you with a map so that you can enjoy your trip with peace of mind.

Q:Does the camper have ETC?

A:All cars are equipped with ETC.

Q:Can child seats be installed?

A:Only some vehicles are supported. Please contact us for details.

Q:I want to go to the snowy mountains. Do you have studless winter tires?

A:We are equipped with studless tires from November to the end of March. Please enjoy your winter trip with peace of mind.

Q:When renting a camper, what are some of the things I can rent with it?

A:A variety of rental items are available as options. The following is just an example. Please contact the store for details on other rental items.

  • Sleeping bag
  • Table set
  • Chair [1-seater]
  • Chair [for two]
  • Tarp & Lanterns
  • Child seat [for car]
  • Portable toilet
  • Toilet pack [1 pc]

Making memories

Q:Are the highway tolls large?

A:No, the fee is the same as for a regular car.

Q:I'm afraid that the roof might scrape when I enter an overpass or tunnel on my trip?

A:Look next to the driver’s seat. The height of the car in which you are riding is written.If you feel that the height is unsafe, do not force your way into the area, but stop in front of it to check.

Q:I cannot open the gas cock from inside the car.

A:The refueling method is the same as for trucks; open the gasoline cock directly with the engine key.Please note that it will not open with a single lever from inside the car as it does in passenger cars.

Q:What should I do if I don't know how to use the system while traveling?

A:Rental customers are provided with an ilinx 24-hour support phone number. Please call that number. We will explain in detail how to use the system while cheering you on from the other end of the phone. This way, if you don’t know how to use the system, you can always maintain your parental dignity.

Q:What should I do if I have an accident while traveling?

A:In the event of an accident, please first calmly contact our affiliated insurance company.

< Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Accident >
TEL: 0120-096-991
Please follow the instructions of the insurance company and explain calmly and slowly.
After you have contacted our affiliated insurance company, please contact us as well.

< ilinx Corporation >
Any rental customer will be given a telephone number for ilinx 24 hour support. Please call that number.

< All of our rental cars are covered by voluntary insurance. >

  • Bodily injury compensation – unlimited per person
  • Compensation for property: Unlimited per accident (100,000 yen out-of-pocket expenses)
  • Vehicle coverage: Market value per accident (deductible of 100,000 yen)
  • Personal Accident Insurance・・・30 million yen per person
  • About the rider・・・・Includes road service (conditions are in accordance with the insurance company’s regulations).

*Non-operation charge (NOC) is not covered by the insurance.


Q:What are high season and special season?


Please refer to the table here.

high season January 4 – January 31, March 15 – April 15, July 1 – August 11, August 17 – August 31, December 1 – December 22
special season April 29 – May 7, August 12 – August 16, December 23 – January 3

Q:What about vehicle inspections and maintenance?

A:The vehicle is inspected as required by the Road Trucking Vehicle Law, and necessary maintenance is performed.